Friday, March 23, 2012

My Kitchen Remodel - part uno

THE BEFORE SHOT
excuse the mess this is when we were moving in and cleaning. 
Yes this is my beautiful new born baby, but look at what she is laying on! My new hardwood floors that Matt installed last Spring.
Our kitchen reno started last Spring when Matt found a killer deal on flooring at Lowe's.

We didn't think we were going do the rest of the kitchen for awhile though. This year on Valentines day he found a killer deal on this marble that I LOVE and decided to install a back splash for my Valentines present. (I think he says these projects are for me, but they are really just an excuse for him to buy for toys) 

Once we started making the plan for the backsplash and we were talking about doing the counters and cupboards eventually, we realized it would be crazy not to work from the floor up. So doing the cupboards and counters first would be the best. I think Matt finally got tired of me complaining about the counter tops I hated and the boring cabinets.

My Handsome handyman. 

Our Garage has been over-taken. For the cabinets, we wanted a real wood look that looked aged and distressed but new. We used a treatment by Rustoleum (yes the spray paint brand) the finish we chose is called "Gingerbread". First we had to paint the cabinets.

Then we had to add the glaze. This is what adds the aged, distressed look. It really makes the wood grain show through.

Our little helper Kelty.

The finished Cabinets! I love them! I have the best hubby in the world. This was a lot of work.

We are currently working on the counters. Matt is enjoying this part though (I think) this is where he gets to play with his new toys. 

More pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment