Thursday, September 3, 2009

You Were Just Here - Jodee Messina

I woke up at 5 a.m.  
Hearing your voice again
But it was just the TV  
Coming from the other room  
Your half empty coffee cup
Is sitting right where it was
I almost moved it last night   
But it didn't feel right
It's too soon, it's too soon
  It still feels like
You were just here
You were just holding me
I was alright
I never would have believed  
That you'd go away  
That you could just disappear  
When you were just here
 
The calendar on the wall  
Doesn't miss you at all
  It still says you'll be there  
With us all on Christmas eve  

The picture you hung last week  
Keeps staring back at me
There we are still laughin'  
Like nothin' ever happened
I still feel you in the air
It's not fair, it's not fair  
I reach out and you're not there  
But I still feel you everywhere  
No matter how much I try
Or how hard I cry It still feels like 
You Were Just Here

No comments:

Post a Comment